|Max Rank:||100 (Base Game)
150 (Only available whit Peril on Gorgon DLC)
Hack in The Outer Worlds is a specialized skill found under the Core Skill: Stealth. Skills are abilities that provide both passive and active bonuses to the player that heavily affects their gameplay in combat and interactions with NPCs and Companions that affects the player's reputation.
- Stealth Skill
- The Hack skill reduces the hacking time and number of Bypass Shunts needed for hacking and can allow you to Hack an Automechanical
Ways to Increase Hack
- The following Equipment increases your Hack Skill:
Hack Base Skill Unlocks
|Hack Rank||Unlocks||Content Required|
|20 - NOVICE||Unlock the ability to sell goods to Vending Machines||Base Game|
|40 - COMPETENT||Unlock access to Restricted Items in Vending Machines||Base Game|
|60 - ADEPT||Hack Automechanicals: Turn them off for 3s||Base Game|
|80 - EXPERT||Automechanical Detection Range: -30%||Base Game|
|100 - MASTER||Hack Automechanical Distance: +2.5m (5m)||Base Game|
|150 - VIRTUOSO||Hack turned-off Automechanicals to Scramble them||Peril on Gorgon|
Hack Notes and Trivia
- Points are first placed into the core skill (e.g. Melee) of the specialized skill (e.g. 1-Handed Melee) which improves all of the specialized skills in that group up to Rank 50.
- Once it reaches Rank 50, skill points can be directly added to the specialized skill to increase the effect up to Rank 100/ 150 (Only available whit Peril on Gorgon DLC).
- Some armor, consumables and status effects can temporarily raise and lower the effects of your skills.
1-Handed Melee ♦ 2-Handed Melee ♦ Block ♦ Defense ♦ Determination ♦ Dialog ♦ Dodge ♦ Engineering ♦ Handguns ♦ Heavy Weapons ♦ Inspiration ♦ Intimidate ♦ Leadership ♦ Lie ♦ Lockpick ♦ Long Guns ♦ Medical ♦ Melee ♦ Persuade ♦ Ranged ♦ Science ♦ Sneak ♦ Stealth ♦ Tech
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Getting the hack skill to 100 , is a complete waste of time and effort, when it does is turn them off for 10 seconds , utter waste of points, next playthru , wont be wasting points like that again ...
How the heck do you use hack skill to hack the bots on outer worlds, is it only thru terminal, because trying thru 2.5 / 5m doesn't work when pointing a gun either in stealth or looking thru a sight ?????
How do you hack automechanicals? I don’t see any prompt.