Herpetophobia! in The Outer Worlds is a Flaw. Flaws are negative attributes that are acquired from certain causes, players are given the chance to accept or reject the flaw which is permanently applied to the player's stats if the player chooses to accept it.
After too many encounters with Mantipillars and Mantisaurs, you’re not quite yourself when any of the Manti-family of creatures are attacking your party.
- Perk Point/s Acquired: 1
- Permanently reduced points to Dexterity, Perception, and Temperament by -1 when attacked by Mantisaur, Mantipillar, Mantiswarm or Mantiqueen.
- Herpetophobia! is acquired if the player gets attacked too many times by Mantisaurs and Mantipillars
Herpetophobia! Notes and Trivia
- Players can choose to accept or reject the Flaw
- Choosing to accept a Flaw rewards the player with a Perk Point
- Accepted flaws cannot be removed