|Bonus:||Companion Bonus Damage|
|Max Rank:||100 (Base Game)
150 (Only available whit Peril on Gorgon DLC)
Inspiration in The Outer Worlds is a specialized skill found under the Core Skill: Leadership. Skills are abilities that provide both passive and active bonuses to the player that heavily affects their gameplay in combat and interactions with NPCs and Companions that affects the player's reputation.
- Leadership skill
- The Inspiration skill increases the damage inflicted by your Companions
Ways to Increase Inspiration
- The following Equipment increases your Inspiration Skill:
Inspiration Base Skill Unlocks
|Inspiration Rank||Unlocks||Content Required|
|20 - NOVICE||Companion Abilities: You can order Companions to do special attacks||Base Game|
|40 - COMPETENT||Companions gain +20% Armor Rating||Base Game|
|60 - ADEPT||Companions Skill Bonus to Player Skills: +100%||Base Game|
|80 - EXPERT||Inspired Precision: When Companions kill an enemy, the party gains Critical Hit Chance +20% for 5s||Base Game|
|100 - MASTER||When Companions kill an enemy, All Companion Ability Cooldowns -20%||Base Game|
|150 - VIRTUOSO||Companions provide 10% Skill Bonus to player Skills while on the Unreliable.||Peril on Gorgon|
Inspiration Notes and Trivia
- Points are first placed into the core skill (e.g. Melee) of the specialized skill (e.g. 1-Handed Melee) which improves all of the specialized skills in that group up to Rank 50.
- Once it reaches Rank 50, skill points can be directly added to the specialized skill to increase the effect up to Rank 100/ 150 (Only available whit Peril on Gorgon DLC).
- Some armor, consumables and status effects can temporarily raise and lower the effects of your skills.
1-Handed Melee ♦ 2-Handed Melee ♦ Block ♦ Defense ♦ Determination ♦ Dialog ♦ Dodge ♦ Engineering ♦ Hack ♦ Handguns ♦ Heavy Weapons ♦ Intimidate ♦ Leadership ♦ Lie ♦ Lockpick ♦ Long Guns ♦ Medical ♦ Melee ♦ Persuade ♦ Ranged ♦ Science ♦ Sneak ♦ Stealth ♦ Tech
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The rank 60 perk is perhaps the best thing in the game to make up for the fact that there's not nearly enough skill points to flesh out dialog, stealth, and tech skills while also maintaining a good weapon specialty. Use your companions to ace your skill checks with rank 60 inspiration.