Science Weapon Effects
|Max Rank:||100 (Base Game)
150 (Only available whit Peril on Gorgon DLC)
Science in The Outer Worlds is a specialized skill found under the Core Skills: Tech. Skills are abilities that provide both passive and active bonuses to the player that heavily affects their gameplay in combat and interactions with NPCs and Companions that affects the player's reputation.
- Tech Skill
- The Science skill increases the damage of Plasma and Shock damage weapons. Science also improves the special effects of Science Weapons. Higher Science skill unlocks the ability to Tinker any weapon or armor in the Workbench, increasing their power.
Ways to Increase Science
- The following Equipment increases your Science Skill:
Builds That Use Science
Science Base Skill Unlocks
|Science Rank||Unlocks||Content Required|
|20 - NOVICE||Tinker: Improve your weapons and armor in the Workbench||Base Game|
|40 - COMPETENT||Tinkering Cost: -50%||Base Game|
|60 - ADEPT||N-ray Damage: +25%
Corrosion Damage: +25%
|80 - EXPERT||Tinkering cost for Science Weapons is capped||Base Game|
|100 - MASTER||Further Reduce Tinkering Cost to -90%||Base Game|
|150 - VIRTUOSO||Crit Chance and Sway of Science Weapons are determined by Science skill, if higher.||Peril on Gorgon|
Science Notes and Trivia
- Points are first placed into the core skill (e.g. Melee) of the specialized skill (e.g. 1-Handed Melee) which improves all of the specialized skills in that group up to Rank 50.
- Once it reaches Rank 50, skill points can be directly added to the specialized skill to increase the effect up to Rank 100/ 150 (Only available whit Peril on Gorgon DLC).
- Some armor, consumables and status effects can temporarily raise and lower the effects of your skills.
1-Handed Melee ♦ 2-Handed Melee ♦ Block ♦ Defense ♦ Determination ♦ Dialog ♦ Dodge ♦ Engineering ♦ Hack ♦ Handguns ♦ Heavy Weapons ♦ Inspiration ♦ Intimidate ♦ Leadership ♦ Lie ♦ Lockpick ♦ Long Guns ♦ Medical ♦ Melee ♦ Persuade ♦ Ranged ♦ Sneak ♦ Stealth ♦ Tech
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Please can anybody tell me what consumables do you use to raise your science skill?
With virtuoso in science, are the other weapon skills basically useless? Like 2 handing or ranged?
I really wish Science-80 applied to unique weapons as well as science weapons. A number of lower-level unique weapons would be good if they could be tinkered up to high level, but the cost to do so is prohibitively expensive.
does the virtuoso in science only effect science weapons like the mind control ray and gloop gun or any weapon that deals plasma, shock, corrosive and/or N-Ray damage?