Soft Speaker is a Unique Weapon in The Outer Worlds. Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies. Each weapon has different attack values such as: damage, swing rate, etc making them more or less useful depending on the situation.
The Soft Speaker staff comes with a special sound-absorbing grip material that makes fighting quieter and your presence more intimidating.
Soft Speaker Information
The following table displays additional information about the weapon capabilities:
|Skill||2-Handed Melee||Equip Time||1s|
|Damage Type||Physical||Crit Chance||20%|
|Swing Rate||1.053 attack/s||Condition (Max)||2,5000|
Soft Speaker Mods:
The Following Mods can be equipped in this weapon:
- Soft Speaker: Firing Noise -90%, Intimidate +10
Where to Find & Location
- Acquired by successfully completing the quest Canid's Cradle
Soft Speaker Notes
- "Soft Speaker" is a reference to former US President Theodore Roosevelt's foreign policy of "speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
- This is the only weapon to offer a skill bonus.
- Despite this Skill bonus, it does not benefit from the Armor Master Perk, and it's Intimidate bonus always remains at a flat +10 value.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Far as I can tell, this is the only weapon that actively boosts a skill when equipped. Might as well bring it everywhere and swap to it whenever you want to make an intimidation check. Only works when it's your actively equipped weapon, though.
Does the firing noise and intimidation status affect last only when it is equipped or if it is in the four weapon inventory?