Special Weapon Effects
Special Weapon Effects in The Outer Worlds is a Combat Stat. Combat Stats are passives, stats, objects or abilities that affect how the player interacts with the world.
Special Weapon Effects Information:
- Some Weapons can apply special effects to enemies which are listed within the weapon's tooltip.
- Most weapon special effects are applied by using Tactical Time Dilation Location Hits while rare weapons have a chance to apply the effect in regular use.
- You can check "Special Effects" on Weapons to check what kind of effect will be applied.
- Weapon Special Effects:
- Bleed – Deals damage over time and reduces Body attributes. Does not apply to Automechanicals.
- Burn – Deals damage over time.
- Execute – Has a small chance of eliminating the target. Thanks to the user “PuffyThePenguin” for the tip.
- Knockback – Knocks the target to the ground, making them unable to take any action for a short time.
- Knockout – Knocks the target to the ground, rendering them unconscious for a few seconds.
- Stagger – Pushes the target back a short distance, reducing Melee, Ranged, and Defence Skills, and increases the amount of Physical Damage received.
- Stun – Unable to attack for a short time.
- Weaken - Lowers all Skills a moderate amount and target takes increased Plasma, Shock, Corrosion, and N-ray damage.
Notes and Tips:
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
what about the Shock mod "Mag-2-Zap" ? Obviously it shocks, but being that this is a mod for the gun, does that mean it applies the effect even outside TTD?
Found something odd : just tested in TTD Execution vs Blind on Marauders. I would assume Execute would cause more damage than Blind, but it was not the case. Blind killed them with 2700 dmg, while Execute did "only" 2000. Maybe it's because headshots are always the best option against humans. Execute is around the waist for them.
There's also BLIND and CRIPPLE.
What does execute do?