The Pteroray Trap is one of the Tasks in The Outer Worlds, available with the Murder on Eridanos DLC. Tasks are optional quests that players can choose to complete in order to obtain special rewards, XP, or reputation.
Thelbert Wolcott asked you to help him construct an electric fence to protect the Pilothouse's engine from pterorays.
The Pteroray Trap Objectives
- Find a Half-Melted Battery
- Find Automech Scrap
- Find Vending Machine Power Cables
- Find Greasy SporknForks
- Check Thelbert's Terminal
- Give the Parts to Thelbert
- Find a Pinwheel
- Return to Thelbert
The Pteroray Trap Walkthrough
He is looking to create an electric fence to protect the engine from Pteroray attacks and tasks you with collecting several materials for him. Note that these items can be found and collected before you accept the Task.
- Half-Melted Battery - This is located just across from Thelbert, on the Southern side of the room. The battery is on the bottom of the shelf.
- Automech Scrap - Can be found outside the Pilothouse, in the grassy area next to some containers.
- Vending Machine Power Cables - Found in the Meteorological Control Station building, South of the main Pilothouse building. This is the same area where you find the dead Rizzo's Rangers Mascot during the main quest Prince of Tossball. The cables are on the floor next to him.
- Pinwheel - Can be found in front of a small camp below the end of the bridge to the Pilothouse. Thelbert will ask for this after you turn in the items above, so you may as well pick it up to save you two trips.
The Pteroray Trap Rewards
Unlocks quest: N/A