Reed's Key in The Outer Worlds is a Quest Item. Quest Items are items that are found and/or used by the player to advance certain Quests or to access locked areas. Quest items are usually obtained through finding, exploring, and looting it from specified areas of a Location, killing Enemies, and are given by NPCs.
A key to Reed's room, located above the Edgewater cannery.
Reed's Key Information
- Reed's Key is used to unlock his office in the Edgewater Cannery tower building.
Reed's Key Location/Acquisition
- Reed's Key is on his person at all times.
- You can either kill Reed in his office or pickpocket him to get the key (cannot pickpocket off him)
Reed's Key Notes
- Killing Reed leads to a sizable reputation hit with the Spacer's Choice faction (+100% negative reputation), and Parvati will threaten to leave the player's party. You will need Determination 10+ to convince her to stay.
- Pickpocketing Reed is difficult, as two guards are facing him on either side and will interrupt you unless your Stealth skills are sufficiently high. (50 is not enough) - False, pickpocketing Reed is impossible