|Location:||2F - The Unreliable|
SAM in The Outer Worlds is a Companion that can follow you around on your journey with Quests and objectives of their own. They also have their own Abilities and Skills, Perks, and Alignment. Decisions you make when they are with you may cause them to leave if they disapprove of it, or make comments positively or negatively depending on what you do.
SAM in The Outer Worlds
SAM can be found on the 2F of the Unreliable. SAM has no proper AI and does not participate in decision-making, instead giving you slogan after slogan of pre-prepared corporate tidbits.
Parvati will frequently talk to SAM and repair it, which will happen at the engineering portion of your ship.
SAM and ADA seem to develop a relationship during your travels, which eventually turns physical. Walk in on them for some rather amusing conversations.
If you have Robophobia! you will get debuff when SAM is nearby.
How to Recruit SAM
SAM can be recruited into your party by completing the quest The Cleaning Machine, which is obtained by inspecting him on the ship.
SAM Perks and Ability
- SAM's Ability: Decontaminate (Sam jumps in the air and slams down near his target spewing out caustic cleaning fluids all around to get out those really tough stains.)
- SAM's Unique Perks
- Bonus Support Intimidate: +10 Intimidate
- Cleaner: -20% Negative Reputation Kill
- Bad Samaritan: +20 Damage to Automechanicals
- Clean Sweep: Harmful Status Effect Duration: -25%
- Radiation Proofing (Only available with Peril on Gorgon DLC): -20% N-ray Damage Received
- Bedazzle Automechanicals (Only available with Peril on Gorgon DLC): Stun: Stuns the target, leaving them unable to act for a short time
Companions in The Outer Worlds add one quarter of their adjusted Skill values to yours (rounded down). Additionally, if you have 60 Skill Point into Inspiration this number will be doubled to half their adjusted skill value. If you bring two companions that share the same Skills you will gain boosts from both of them, allowing you to get some Skills very very high.
|Name||Max Level Skill Value 1||Max Level Skill Value 2||Max Level Skill Value 3|
|Parvati||Persuade 74||Lockpick 84||Engineering 88|
|Felix||Persuade 81||Lockpick 80||Sneak 77|
|Vicar Max||Intimidate 77||Hack 81||Science 81|
|SAM||Intimidate 89||Hack 80||Science 80|
|Nyoka||Lie 74||Medical 77||Sneak 86|
|Ellie||Lie 74||Medical 84||Engineering 77|
SAM's equipment is permanently attached to his frame and cannot be removed.
|Description||Sprays out a continuous stream of caustic cleaning fluids.|
|Magazine Size||50 (Energy)|
SAM Related Quests
- Recruit: The Cleaning Machine
The SAM unit that accompanied you spread awareness of the product line's superior sanitation and maintenance capabilities across what was left of the colony. This led to a boost in SAM unit sales.
"Did you know that SAM units are the longest lasting, toughest acting cleaning solution in Halcyon?"
SAM Notes & Trivia
- English voiced by: Bruce Dinsmore
- If you take the automechanical phobia, SAM will trigger the points loss whenever you bring it along as a companion.
- Other Notes, Tips, and Trivia Go Here